Portland Summer Heat Got You Down?
Here are a few tips to beat the heat in Northern Oregon this summer.
It has only been a small number of days detached from an extensive stretch of 90 degree Portland summer heat, and another heat wave is already expected in the Portland metro region.
Though the Oregon Coast will be much cooler, with highs in the 70’s departing town is not always a readily available option for most Portlanders.
Here are a few quick guide maps that may help this summer as well:
Here are some additional ways to remain safe and cool during excessive temps: (Provided to you by the Oregon Health Authority)
• Air-conditioning is your new friend!
• Minimize exposure to the sun between the hours of 10:00 am to 4:00 pm when UV rays are most damaging.
• Allow fresh air to flow throughout your living space, and close curtains/blinds on west-facing windows during daylight hours.
• Use electric fans to eliminate hot air from rooms or draw in cooler air.
• Wear lite clothing and cover your skin from the sunlight.
• A cool compress, mister, and cool showers can be your new friend.
• Refrain from hot meals.
• Do NOT leave any baby, kid or pet in a parked vehicle.
• Dress little ones in lightweight, lightly-colored outfits.
• Apply sunscreen with at least SPF 15 prior to venturing outdoors.